- the kind of information Tour de Cure may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it
- how we may disclose that information
- how you can access the information we hold about you
- when we may use your information to contact you
- the protection of your personal information.
- how you can make a complaint.
Tour de Cure will review this policy regularly, and may update it from time to time. If we make changes, we will post those changes on the privacy page of Tour de Cure's website.
2. Collection and use of personal information
2.1 Why we collect personal information
Tour de Cure collects personal information about you:
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for example, if you are participating in a ride organised by Tour de Cure;
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job or work experience or volunteer with us
2.2 How we collect information
Broadly, there are two types of information or data we collect:
Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form. This type of information may include your home address, business address, telephone number, business telephone number, email address and date of birth. The information that you give us may be:
- Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service or participate in an activity. For example, Tour de Cure requires details about your personal medical history before you participate in a ride.
- Personal information that is optional. You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to Tour de Cure's functions or activities. Usually this type of information will enable Tour de Cure to improve or broaden the services we can offer you. If you choose not to provide this optional information, we would still be able to offer you the service, but perhaps with fewer options than if you had provided the optional information. For example, if you tell us you are interested in information about future Tour de Cure rides, we may be able to provide you with specific Tour de Cure promotions. If you provide us with unsolicited information that we do not require or which is not directly related to Tour de Cure's functions or activities, Tour de Cure may be required to destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
- Permissions. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
- Tour de Cure shop site: Tour de Cure retains a database of the details of people who have participated in past Tours. This information helps us to manage tours and enable timely communication to all Tour de Cure participants.
The board has developed offers on the Tour de Cure shop site in conjunction with a 3rd party group named The Consortium Centre. For The Consortium Centre to confirm that the individuals accessing the offers are registered Tour de Cure riders or participants, it is necessary for them to confirm your membership via your email address held with Tour de Cure.
In agreeing to these terms and conditions, you opt in to allowing The Consortium Centre to access this email address for confirmation, so that they may enable offers to you through the Tour de Cure shop.
You may be able to make changes to the information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular service. We will make it clear how you do that.
Data we collect that tracks your activity
The data on your use of the Tour de Cure and associated sites may be linked to personal information you have chosen to share with us when you register. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit.
A cookie is a small information file sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. It recognises your device on future visits. These types of files help us remember your visits to the Tour de Cure website, assisting us in improving your site experience as well as ensuring that you see relevant online adverts or offers. Apart from the cookies that help us remember your browsing preferences, language, or search parameters, another type of performance cookies collect anonymous information on how people use the site. We use third party services such as Google Analytics to merge this data with other users to enable us to improve how the Tour de Cure site operates. This stored data does not save any personal details that might identify you. This process helps us provide you with an online browsing experience that is more suited to your selections in order to make each visit more tailored. We use these cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
Our website does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis, such as when registering at our website.
3. Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Tour de Cure may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you wish to use;
- to customise and promote Tour de Cure services which may be of interest to you;
- to provide technical support to you to use Tour de Cure's services;
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
In many cases, Tour de Cure imposes contractual restrictions equivalent to those imposed on Tour de Cure under the Privacy Act in respect of collection and use of personal information by those third parties. In some cases, Tour de Cure's ability to impose contractual restrictions is limited. In those circumstances, Tour de Cure will carefully consider the risks to the protection of personal information when entering into arrangements with third parties.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas.
We may share your email address and home address with third parties to deliver brochures, videos, information about promotions, news and other information about our website, products, services or special promotions on our behalf.
Tour de Cure may also disclose your personal information (excluding sensitive information about you) to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing Tour de Cure's services including brochures, videos, information about promotions, news and other information about our website, products, services or special promotions.
You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time if you so choose.
Under no circumstances will Tour de Cure sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
4. Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by Tour de Cure
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that Tour de Cure holds. Tour de Cure will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact Tour de Cure as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 02 8073 4000
Tour de Cure Ltd.
PO Box 6121
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
5. Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about other Tour de Cure programs, products and services. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information.
6. Protection of your personal information
Tour de Cure has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Tour de Cure regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party digital services.
7. Credit card information
Crucially, your credit card details are only stored and transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is NOT stored on our internet servers. Tour de Cure partners with EWAY to enable credit card purchases / donations to its primary purpose. Please see following link on EWAY's industry compliance to PCI DSS https://www.eway.com.au/about-eway/technology-security/
If you use your credit card and the transaction is manual rather than electronic, the imprinted record will be stored by Tour de Cure for the period that financial records are required to be retained.
8. Offline Purchases
If you do not wish to place your order on the internet, we offer you the option of phoning, faxing or mailing in your order.
9. Making a Complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling them at 1300 363 992, making a complaint online at https://www.oaic.gov.au/ or writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
10. Privacy and Change of Control
In the event Tour de Cure goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
11. Linked sites
The Tour de Cure site contains information, data, documents, pages and images relating (but not restricted) to the organisations charity programs. The information was prepared by Tour de Cure and is protected by copyright. Whilst the information was prepared with all due care, Tour de Cure does not warrant or represent that the information is free from errors or omissions.
The information is made available on the understanding that Tour de Cure and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and content providers shall have no liability (including liability by reason of negligence) to the users for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation in the information or otherwise.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites. Links to those websites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Tour de Cure of the owners or operators of the sites, or of any information, products or services referred to on those other sites unless specifically stated.
Unless otherwise stated, the linked websites are not under the control of Tour de Cure and Tour de Cure is not responsible for the contents of any linked website.