$693,629.78 funds raised
Bringing together amazing people to cure cancer
The 4th annual Peter Mac Ride was held in Tasmania raising significant funds to continue the support of the brilliant research work being done by the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation. The 4-day ride began in Melbourne on Thursday 14 November, where the team boarded the Spirit of Tasmania for the annual Bass Straight crossing.
In Devonport, riders and crew set off for an action packed 4 days riding through spectacular national parks, along surreal coastline, exploring the Freycinet National Park before finishing in historic Hobart.
- Day 0, Thursday 14 November: Depart Melbourne, overnight Spirit of Tasmania
- Day 1, Friday 15 November: Devonport to Launceston 98km, 1060m
- Day 2, Saturday 16 November: Launceston to St Helens 130km, 1800m
- Day 3, Sunday 17 November: St Helens to Swansea 100km, 850m
- Day 4, Monday 18 November: Swansea to Hobart 133km, 1360m
Along the way, Tour de Cure visited a number of schools and engaged the kids and their parents in our BE FIT, BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY cancer awareness message. In addition, Tour de Cure donated $10,000 to support local cancer groups in Launceston, Scamander, Swansea and Hobart.
Check out the highlights from 2019!
At a glance:
- Thursday 14 - Monday 18 November
- Melbourne, Devonport, Launceston, St Helens, Swansea, Hobart
- 460km - 520km
Check out the route!
Need fundraising advice?
There are many things you can do to kickstart your fundraising and have fun at the same time.