$393,830.75 funds raised
Bringing together amazing people to cure cancer
The 4th annual Peter Mac Ride will see the Peter Mac Team continue their journey around Tasmania, enjoying the stunning East Coast.
Taking in some of Tasmania’s most beautiful wilderness, this 4 day ride begins in Melbourne on Thursday 14 November, where the team board the Spirit of Tasmania for our annual Bass Straight crossing.
Waking up in Devonport, riders and crew will set off for an action packed 4 days riding through spectacular national parks, along surreal coastline, explore the Freycinet National Park before finishing in historic Hobart.
- Day 0, Thursday 14 November: Depart Melbourne, overnight Spirit of Tasmania
- Day 1, Friday 15 November: Devonport to Launceston 98km, 1060m
- Day 2, Saturday 16 November: Launceston to St Helens 130km, 1800m
- Day 3, Sunday 17 November: St Helens to Swansea 100km, 850m
- Day 4, Monday 18 November: Swansea to Hobart 133km, 1360m
Along the way, Tour de Cure will visit a number of schools and engage the kids and their parents in our BE FIT, BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY cancer awareness message. In addition, Tour de Cure will also donate $10,000 to support local cancer groups in Launceston, Scamander, Swansea and Hobart.
Numbers are limited and we expect this Tour will fill up quickly so don't delay.....book your spot now and together we will raise significant funds to continue our support of the brilliant research work being done by the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation.
A team committed to fundraise for cancer research
Everyone on tour will help to raise vital funds for the game-changing cancer research, support and prevention projects that will bring our dream of a world without cancer closer to reality.
While cycling is a great sport and lots of fun, cycling on public roads is a potentially dangerous activity which carries risks. We want you to ride safe and enjoy riding in a bunch.
- DOWNLOAD OUR RIDER AND ROAD ETIQUETTE [PDF]
- new to cycling? we will support you on your journey
Check out the highlights from 2018!
At a glance:
- Thursday 14 - Monday 18 November
- Melbourne, Devonport, Launceston, St Helens, Swansea, Hobart
- 460km - 520km
- Riders: $4,000 fundraising, plus a $750 registration fee
- Support Crew: $1,200 fundraising, plus a $400 registration fee
Check out the route!
Need fundraising advice?
There are many things you can do to kickstart your fundraising and have fun at the same time.