Signature Tour 2020
Together we will find a cure
The Tour de Cure Signature Tour brings people together from all corners of Australia who are searching for a cure. This year has brought significant challenges to all of us and we thank you for your patience and commitment to Tour de Cure as we have worked through the most challenging period of our 14 years.
We appreciate that not holding Signature Tour as planned has caused frustration because we can't do what we love to do - to get together to raise money and find a cure for cancer. We would also like to acknowledge the fundraising efforts of the team and your commitment to helping us find a cure for cancer.
Given the current COVID restrictions and ongoing uncertainty, the Signature Tour plan moving forward is as follows.
1. Alternative Signature Tour
An alternative Signature Tour will be held in March 2021. It is hoped that as many people as possible will be able to participate in this event. A decision will be made in January pending COVID conditions.
In order to deliver a tour in March, we need to ensure that our COVID protocols and procedures are in place and properly tested.
2. Mini 2020 Pilot Tour
To do this, a 2020 Tour will be held over 6 days for a team of 20 who will roll out of Newcastle in mid-October, finishing in South West Rocks.
This not only allows us to test our COVID protocols, but also allows us to keep our commitments to our corporate partners, and leverage the Seven Network to carry our message out across Australia when we cant do it face to face. This group of 15 riders and 5 support crew will be selected based on their connection to cancer and their fundraising.
3. TDC 2020 Virtual Tour
Whilst the mini group is on the road, we are going to bring to you a virtual event to keep our team connected and allow the broader community to participate.
We know that cancer doesn't sleep and the challenge for our researchers is huge. We have had a significant drop in revenue and will struggle to meet our funding commitments to researchers. We are not alone with almost all cancer charities suffering losses of revenue that impact funding.
Finding a cure for cancer brings us together and we will be there to support your journey every step of the way.
Signature Tour team members are required to raise:
- Full Tour Rider - $12,000 minimum, inclusive of a $1,000 personal donation
- Support Crew - $2,500 minimum, inclusive of a $250 personal donation
- 2-Day Stage Rider Experiences - $3,500 minimum, inclusive of $500 personal donation
We've had to postpone Signature Tour due to Covid-19. You can read our statement here.
Tour de Cure's 2020 Tour
- 12th - 17th October 2020
- 6 days
- Newcastle to South West Rocks
- Registration Closed
- FULGAZ Platform + TdC Hub
- 6 day 2020 route filmed
- 2 month access for Riders (Sept/Oct)
- 2 levels for Riders to take on
- 60 min/day
- Super Saturday
- Riders encouraged to ride 6.30 - 9.30am for Sunrise Crosses
Signature Tour in March 2021
- Signature Tour deferred to March 2021
- 5 or 7 day Tour in NSW
- Newcastle - Coffs Harbour
- Proposed dates 26th March - 1st April
- In the event of cancellation - announcement will be made 21st Jan pending Government and Health updates.
- All the information on one page!
- What rider level do I need to be to join the tour?
- Signature Tour Training Programs